2009 was a great year for me personally. I learned quite a bit throughout all my experiences this year. I am going to share what I learned in hopes that some of what you read here sparks a fire within you and you take the information and run with it.
- Never judge people by their looks. Yes, first impressions are crucial, but they are not everything. See Susan Boyle.
- Never let anyone tell you that you cannot do something. If you want it bad enough, you can do it. You are more powerful than you know. Again – see Susan Boyle (and I swear that is the last time I will mention her!)
- Be genuinely you – You cannot try to be something you are not. It is fake and people can see right through it. Plus – why would you not be proud of who you really are? Let people connect with you as you, instead of someone else.
- Be a big deal – If you don’t think you are a big deal, no one else will.
- Invade peoples personal space – People for some reason are afraid of being close to other people. Reach out and give someone a hug when they least expect it. They may think it is weird, but it will make their day.
- College is a complete waste of time. Needed? Yes, because every job wants you to have a piece of paper saying that you sat through 4 years of classes that relate to nothing for the job that you are applying for and now you are $20,000 is debt.
- Having someone by your side who supports you and all your crazy ideas is one of the most important thing to have in your life. If you have someone like that, make sure you tell them how much they mean to you everyday.
- Reading books and RSS feeds are a great way to find information. However, it will do absolutely nothing if you are trying to accomplish something. They only way to get stuff done is to take massive action and actually try it. I would rather try and fail rather than not try at all.
- Self helps books will not change your life. Motivational speakers will not change your life. I will not change your life. Only YOU can make the choice to change and take the action needed to change. All self help books and motivational speakers and I can do is give you advice, tips, tricks and point you in the right direction. The rest is completely up to you.
It is also up to you to take this advice I have just given you. You can use it, or throw it out. It is your choice. Only you can make it happen.
Regardless of if you use this list or not, I hope that 2010 is a great year for you.