- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 14 oz can of low fat coconut milk
- 10 oz can of chunk chicken breast, drained and flaked.
- 12 oz penne, cooked according to the box directions.
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Thai seasoning
- 1-2 tsp Thai curry paste
- 3 oz can of peanuts-(you can use half of a 6 oz can)
HOW TO MAKE IT:
Heat the oil in a wok or deep skillet on medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the broccoli and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the garlic and Thai seasoning. Cook for 30 seconds. Dump in the coconut milk and curry paste, stirring to dissolve that paste. Simmer for about 5 minutes until the mixture is slightly thickened and broccoli is tender. Stir in the chicken, then the cooked pasta. Heat through. Divide amount the plates and top with peanuts. Chopped cilantro or scallions also makes a good garnish. Makes 4 servings.
PER SERVING INFO:
620 calories, 32 grams of protein, 72 grams of carbs, 22 grams of fat, 6 grams of fiber, 36 milligrams of sodium.